- MUST be at least 19 years of age to play.
- Your number(s) will be entered into every lottery, but you can only win if your number (toonie) is played.
- ONLY ONE TOONIE PER NUMBER CAN BE PLAYED EACH WEEK. There is no limit to the amount of numbers you can register for, you will need a separate toonie for each registered number.
- Drum cleanout – Twice a year (January and July) there will be a drum cleanout. Any numbers that are inactive for a period of 6 months prior to the drum cleanout.
- In the case of the death of a registrant – the number will be void from the database and removed from the drum during the next drum cleanout. Numbers cannot be transferred to another person. In the event that a number is drawn prior to the drum cleanout, that number will be considered void, it will be permanently removed from the drum and another number will be drawn.
- If you wish to discontinue, simply stop playing your number. After 6 months of inactivity your number will be removed from the drum during the next drum cleanout.
- Write your number on the sticker, put the sticker on your toonie and place it in the River Gold box at any participating locations for your chance to win.
- Cut off time to play your number(s) will be close of day or 11:59pm on Wednesday at our can locations (absolutely no exceptions).
- The River Gold lottery draw will take place every Thursday before 9:00pm at the local RBC branch, Exploits Valley Mall. In the event of a holiday, inclement weather or unforeseen closure the draw will take place the next business day.
- Draw results will be displayed at participating locations and publicized on Facebook and local media outlets.
- If the number drawn was not played, the jackpot is carried over to the next week for a bigger JACKPOT!
- To claim a jackpot prize, upon request, you must present a valid photo ID with proof of age.
- Winners have ninety (90) days from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Prizes not claimed within 90 days will be added to the first jackpot following that 90-day period.
- Grand Falls-Windsor Heritage Society reserves the right to make changes upon consultation with Service NL.
- Maximum prize will be less than $99,000. If the maximum prize amount is reached we will continue to draw until there is a winning registered number.
- The final draw for the license period must result in a winner. Notification will be posted a month prior to the final draw for the license period.
- Jackpot Prize Payout is as follows: 50% Winners Prize; 50% Supported Organizations Share
License #: 21-10105300LT
Licensee: Grand Falls-Windsor Heritage Society Inc.